February Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

February Thoughts

Post by Dark Ryu on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Do not have your mind set in stone

It's pathetic how most of you (Utah Smashers) come to the tournament thinking you won't take any money. Stop it. Stop allowing yourself to believe you are worse than someone else. I hate hearing a conversation similar to this:
Random Utah Noob - "Hey who do you play next in the tourney?"
Random Utah Furry - "Yaz... sigh, I'm done for."
Random Utah Noob - "No you're not! You got this."
Random Utah Furry - "Whatever, I can't beat Yaz"

The reason I hate hearing this type of conversation between two players is because you set yourself up for failure. A player with this type of attitude has gimped himself before he even starts playing. How will you ever be able to succeed if success was never an option?

You have to be able to believe you will win. Have hope because anything is possible, especially in smash. Anyone still remember when Wangston was able to land two NINE hammers in a row against Chris?! Yeah, it was epic! And an example of why you should never doubt yourself.

So how about from now on, go into a match with the attitude of "Who do I play next? Yaz? I can totally do this!" Think positive and have confidence, but don't believe you will suddenly become better than everyone by having the mentality of a champion. You still need to practice and refine your skills. Oh and one of the great things about practicing, not only does it make you a better player, it boosts your confidence simultaneously.

Love dRyu (:

Last edited by Dark Ryu on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Dark Ryu
Top Brawl Smasher

Level : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: February Thoughts

Post by Z'zShy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 pm

I dont think 'Yeah, I can totally do this!' I think 'Alright, I have the ability to do this, just dont do this too much or he'll figure me out, watch out for this so I dont get effed up, and make sure to get the execution down on this so that other thing works.' That counts right?

Also, I never play Yaz for some reason, im almost always on Chris's side of the bracket :p

Z'zShy
I wish I was a tree.

Level : 4

Character sheet
Name: Matz Habbyk
Hit Points:
10/10  (10/10)
Weapon: Gengu (Shortsword)

http://ugto.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by мυтнα-ƒσχιη gαηgѕтαкιяву on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:58 pm

zz's thats stupid.

you either GONNA WIN

OR GONNA LOSE

honestly... i was THE SHITTIEST player in the scene when I started... but... I ALWAYS have an im WIIIINNINNN DIS SHIT attitude.... dryus right but... not a just you can do this attitude oh hell no. IM CLIMBIN THRU YO WINDOWS SNATCHIN YO PEOPLE UP AND RAPING EVERY BODY OUT HERE.

marco, yaz, the mexis, sam, and i all have this attitude and quite consistently beat everyone who doesnt.

the reason being... is if you are inconfident it has a alot of little minor effects on you that add up and you dont think as well, you dont move as fast, you dont react as soon/well, you go into autopilot and get RAPED.... shit like that and honestly EVERYONE in this scene would play better if they expected to grape the whole fucking scene...

as some of you may know... I've experienced true meaningful, reasonable rage for the first time today..

during the winter... december/januarary I was miserable... i was mad all the fucking time(though i dont show it) cuz i hate the holidays. they suck. and during that time i had been playing brawl ALOT better, now i wont give it all the credit but there is ZERO doubt in my mind that it helps

im start rage winning, rage playing, rage trollin rage rapin yo asses niggas.

pathetic marco... no...if you dont KNOW that you can RAPE everyone you wont win. being in the scene and not having a winning attitude or a brain anurism is futile

dont get me wrong yall are cool as people but really marco speaks the truth too many of the scrubs have zero confidence and you come planin to throw 5 dollars away well then great jus give the host 5 bucks and go home cuz your gonna lose anyways.

the best players arent cocky because they are good and earned it they are good because they are cocky and it made them better.

like anyone who i hear so OH GREAAAT I CANT BEAT YOUUUUUU

gets mikehazed. the entire tourney. by me and bby troll one on each ear. umad?
мυтнα-ƒσχιη gαηgѕтαкιяву
Tyro

Level : 2

Character sheet
Name: Captain Falcon's gun
Hit Points:
10/10  (10/10)
Weapon: Captain Falcon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 am

Lol good read Marco. Epic first post. But ya a winning mindset is pretty important in a game like this.

Oh and RJ gonna start raging now??? haha taking my advice for once??

Marz
Tyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockmix on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Good read. I'll start thinking like that.
Rockmix
Rockmix

Level : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAINMAILLEKID on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 pm

I can't win Razz

Nearly All of my experience is against compys.
What isn't is against the same online opponents again and again.
I have only got like 30 hours experience against live opponents, and half of that is the same dude that I play online, from pretty much one day.

So what you end up with is somebody who can really only use two characters, only knows how to fight a few characters, and only specific styles.

So in a tourny setting, I'm really easily thrown off.
The only plus is that I do know my characters counter picks.

The other factor is my playstyle.
I've always been playing catchup with people ( one in particular ) who log in WAY more hours than I do. Trying to win every single match, and make every one the one where I show how good I really am... Just doesn't work.
Instead I'm focusing on learning as much as I can for every match I do play, so that I'm able to get better faster even though I play less.
That involves a lot of screwing around, and very little "Its all down to this" type of mentality.
This has become DEEPLY ingrained in the way I play, So in a tourny...
I'm just not able to break away from it for very long.

But I don't come to win anyway.

I DO wish I had a consistent doubles partner though.
CHAINMAILLEKID
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marz on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 pm

chainmaillekid next tourny just play a lot of friendlies with people. If you want just ask me to play im always down to play lots of friendlies with anyone

Marz
Tyro

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAINMAILLEKID on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh, I play friendlies whenever I can.

I've just not been able to make it to tourney's very frequently, or been able to stay for very long.
CHAINMAILLEKID
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by StaZ on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 pm

I think people are sometimes afraid to show their confidence like saying "I'm gonna totally win" or something like that because they will get it mistaken for cockiness. I know I feel like that sometimes. but just believe in yo self. that's all.
StaZ
Top Brawler/Moderator

Level : 4

http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=74806

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaz on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:32 pm

I win because I really am the best.
Yaz
Top Brawl & Melee Smasher

Level : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarmflames on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Guess what, I went and i didn't win any money sooooo.......... now what should I do.
Skarmflames
Pirate

Character sheet
Name: Cyris
Hit Points:
10/10  (10/10)
Weapon: Hunters Bow

http://www.youtube.com/skarmflames

Back to top Go down

Post by мυтнα-ƒσχιη gαηgѕтαкιяву on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:18 pm

fap. obv.
мυтнα-ƒσχιη gαηgѕтαкιяву
Tyro

Character sheet
Name: Captain Falcon's gun
Hit Points:
10/10  (10/10)
Weapon: Captain Falcon

Back to top Go down

Post by jellyfishn on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:43 am

Sorry to bump this, but I just have to say when wangston hit those two nine hammers in a row, that was too good!
jellyfishn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum